Today we observed our plant terrarium for a third time and things have definitely changed! We let our plant terrarium sit by a window so that it could get direct light for a week and are now observing the changes.
- Water Level: 605 ml
- Elodea: Appears to have doubled in size, hard to measure since it is bending now. It is bending at the top because it is so long and has a leaf sprouted at the top and 2 bean sprouts.
- Number of snails: 3 original snails and a baby snail has joined our snail family
- Number of Daphnia (crustaceans): 5 original, and it appears that more have been reproduced
- String: 3 pieces of string, appear more yellow and more fringed at the bottom
- Soil: Looks dry on top but moist deeper in.
- Amount of soil: 3 1/2 cups, appears more dry
- Number of seeds total: 10
- Beans: 5
- Johnny Jump Ups: 2 - nothing sprouted
- Zinnia: 2 - nothing sprouted
- Garden-bean golden wax improved: 1
|Here you can see the bean leaf at the top of stem. It has grown greatly and we predict another bean|
will sprout by next week. Condensation is present.